Willamette Valley Wine Immersion Tour
Hosted by Oregon Wine Guides
The best time for wine enthusiasts to visit the Willamette Valley is the off season (November-April). The tasting rooms are quiet and winemakers have time to host barrel tastings, answer questions in depth and tell their stories. Oregon Wine Guides is pleased to collaborate with some of the best producers in the region to offer an exciting and highly educational insider's view of our industry.
This 2-day tour is best suited for groups of 4-6. Your guide will be industry veteran, Charlie Garrell, and you'll be touring in a Cadillac Escalade. The tour includes:
- Meet-and-taste events with at least 3 winemakers. There will be tasting barrel samples, cellar demonstrations and winemaking Q and A sessions. Some of the participating winemakers are:
- Robert Brittan - master consulting winemaker, PhD., 40 years industry experience. Producer of Brittan, Winderlea, Youngberg Hill and Fairsing brand wines.
- Jesus Guillen - whole cluster expert, White Rose Estate and Guillen Family Wines.
- Andrew Beckham - only new world amphorae maker, vineyard manager, winemaker for Beckham Estate Vineyard.
- Isabelle Dutarte - University of Dijon oenologist, master winemaker for DePonte Cellars.
- A guided tour of local ETS Laboratory hosted by owner Terry Sherwood. We'll cover wine analysis and the role testing plays in the industry.
- A guided tour of the Trappist Abbey wine warehouse. Topics will include bonding, compliance, taxation and shipping wine. Hosted by genuine Trappist monks.
- A guided tour of at least two vineyards including the famous Seven Springs Vineyard, farmed by Evening Land.
The 2-day Willamette Valley Wine Immersion Tour is only $450/person. This includes the guided tours listed above, tasting fees, transportation and bottled waters. Lodging and meals are not included.
Oregon Wine Guides has a courtesy alliance with DePonte Cellars. Their extraordinary luxury guest house has 3 master suites, a gourmet kitchen, incredible vineyard views and numerous amenities. Usually $750/night, the rate for OWG guests is $500/night (plus a $150 cleaning fee).